Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Sunday Morning


A casual walk to breakfast and my senses were exalted. I'm a country girl at heart, but having been in the city for ten years now I have grown fond of the architecture, of the city that exists as you look skywards, far from the pavements where people mingle.  From the top floor of the hotel I first looked at the building and its strong straight lines, then looked south-east over rooftops and spires, towards the day approaching - the day breaking for me! - and I fell in love with the city a little more... 




“Architecture, of all the arts, is the one which acts the most slowly,
but the most surely, on the soul”
Ernest Dimnet





“All architecture is shelter, all great architecture is the design of space
that contains, cuddles, exalts, or stimulates the persons in that space.”
Philip Johnson




“Lift up your eyes upon. This day breaking for you.
Give birth again. To the dream.”
Maya Angelou




“I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide.
And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.”
Roman Payne






"May your lum keep blithely reeking
Till your old enough to dee;
May you aye be just as happy
As I wish you now to be"

Unknown







Yes! even the lums inspired me that morning :)


2 comments:

Di said...

What a lovely post. It sounds like you are having a little bit of *me time* :)

ever hopeful mummy said...

it was a lovely morning, di... and a total surprise to see such beauty right in the heart of the city