Monday, January 30, 2012

Oh, pampers to you...

once again, it's the simplest of things that can bring a tear to the eye...








A well known supermarket, standing at the nappies.

I look up and down the aisle, but i can't find her nappies.

Brand - yes. Active Fit - yes. Size 6 - no.

We need nappies; we've all run out!

Size 6 - yes. Baby-Dry.

And the tears well at the corners of my eyes.

My Eilidh is 3, active and headstrong and independent.

She isn't a baby anymore, even though she can do so little for herself.

I'm struggling to accept this: the realisation that SMA has taken her toddling years.

I don't want to buy Baby-Dry... I want Active Fit! And I want them now....

I want Eilidh to be active!

Do you hear me, pampers?  It's not your fault, but

I want her to be active!



I walk away, a little moment of sadness, of pain, of realisation, of acceptance.

And it's gone; time to move on.

Now, where are the fizzy cola bottles...



2 comments:

Midlife Singlemum said...

There must be so many of these moments in your day. Hugs xxx

Looking for Blue Sky said...

It happens so fast doesn't it ? ((hugs))