Sunday, May 01, 2011

"Every Wedding is a Royal Wedding"

I have to admit that I loved the Royal Wedding - not for the pomp and ceremony but for the hope and expectation it created and for the love it celebrated.  I thought that Friday was a wonderful day to reflect upon marriage because sometimes we take the vows that we made for granted and sometimes we don't work quite as hard as we should to keep our marriages alive.

I have re-read  The Bishop of London's Sermon  a few times now having been moved by it as I watched him read it live; such a personal sermon, looking towards William and Katherine but also directed at us - those who believe in marriage and those who may not, those who are married and those who are yet to make that commitment.

I do believe that my husband and I bring out the best in each other and that we work at our marriage each and every day:

"the more we give of self, the richer we become in soul; the more we go beyond ourselves in love, the more we become our true selves and our spiritual beauty is more revealed"








As I remember back to our wedding day and look at photographs with N, I am reminded of how much I love my husband and I strongly believe that there is no greater gift I can give my family.  This love offers us all the best family life in which to harbour love, joy and peace in.  At the same time, this love allows us to look outwards too and see what is real and important, to ourselves and to others, on this journey called life.









So thank you William and Katherine for sharing your wedding day - I loved every moment of it!  I wish you much love, laughter and happiness as you venture forward as Mr & Mrs!  (or Duke & Duchess, or Earl & Countess...)



No comments: