Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Mad or MAD?



I know that it is early days for me and my blog.
I know that I wasn't too sure when I started blogging why I was blogging.
I think that I wanted to find a space within my discombobulated world to find some peace and a whole lot of quiet.
A place to find myself while losing myself at the same time.
Somewhere where I could just "be".

I have found that place.
I have found myself.
Through time blogging has helped me emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
And I hope, in time, to be able to help others, too.

My name is ever hopeful mummy.
I am a woman, a wife, a mummy, a daughter, a sister, a god-daughter, a god-mummy, a friend.
I am now a mummy to a child with Spinal Muscular Atrophy: - a child with special needs, a child who needs a carer, a child who is wheelchair dependent, but despite this is intelligent and strong-willed and certainly an inspiration to me.
I have also become a blogger and I have come to realise why I am blogging;  I am blogging with the hope of inspiring and helping people who are going through difficult times - whatever the difficulty is - in the hope that they too will find themselves again and begin to live with joy and hope.

So why this blog today?
The Nominations for The MAD Awards opened today.  I read about them just as I was starting to blog.
They have various different awards, but for me the most coveted is for the Most Inspiring MAD Blogger.
One day I aspire to win this: to be inspirational to others is what I hope for as many before me have inspired me and for this I am forever thankful.  So one day I aspire to win, but today maybe a nomination, and not my own!, just a single nomination, would be enough...

No comments: